I went to my last therapy session with Melissa yesterday. I spent the whole session stating the work/mom arrangement I want, then contradicting myself the next minute. She was finally able to piece it together very bluntly for me:
- I am scared that not working for a while will stiffle my career.
- I have an achievable dream that I should not give up on
- I will most likely not have the energy for my dream until Baby J (currently 4mos old) is 3 years old.
- It would be a GOOD THING to go back to my current job and see if part-time telecommuting opportunities exist.
I guess I should just go with the flow for 2 weeks and then see how it goes. I am in no shape to make a decision on this.