Picture the scene: it is one week before a trip where I’m going to attend 2 weddings. I bought the dresses MONTHS prior. Will I fit into the dresses? Time to freak out.
So, I decided to go on the same diet I went on before I got married. Did I mention the trip is in one week? The rules:
- Have 3 meals a day
- Only one meal can be “large” (potatoes, meat, etc), preferably lunch
- No chocolates or other sweet/fatty snacks (aka “crap”) between meals
So, here’s my food journal (timeline)!
|1||Nothing||Roast beef, mashed potatoes, string beans, gravy, bread, butter (work cafeteria)||Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, steak, little bit of Ranch dressing|
|2||Deviled ham sandwich||Falafel pocket and french fries/tdtdchicken noodle soup|
|3||Deviled ham sandwich||3 meatballs and white rice||Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, little bit of Ranch dressing|
|4||Deviled ham sandwich||3 meatballs and white rice||Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, little bit of Ranch dressing|
|5||Deviled ham sandwich||Salad: greens, cranberries, caramelized walnuts, and vinagrette dressing (Tavern in the Square)||Pork fried rice, chicken lo mein, Peking ravioli, teriyaki beef on a stick (Kowloons)|
|5||Ham and cheese sandwich||Ham and cheese sandwich||Pork chops and mashed potatoes|
|6||1 donut, 6 munchkins||Ham and cheese sandwich. Chocolate bonbon.||Hot dog, beans, a few chips|
Notes/Lessons Learned/Diet Log
- Day 3: I either should have dinner right before bed, or go to bed right after dinner. Let an hour pass after eating a salad and HUNGER STRIKES
- Day 4: I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want: a warm cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream… and skinny & crunchy butter cookies with cinnamon sugar on top. That’s the stuff dreams are made of.
- Day 5: I deserve a whole ton of credit for beating the ugly temptation monster many times today. First by not eating a Baci I found in the snacks at the office, and then by declining to have the app tater tots or stuffing my face with french fries from my coworker’s plate. The only way I could do this was by reminding myself that I could eat anything I wanted at dinnertime. Man, I hope this is worth it. I also weighed myself today, and I am three pounds lighter than I thought I was! Boom, instant weight loss.
- Day 6: and so, on a low note, the diet fell apart. Donuts and bonbons got the best of me. On Day 7 I weighed myself and I appeared to have gained 3 lbs from that faithful day 4, when everything still seemed possible.
Photo credit: http://crankypancreas.com/?p=4923